Today is my wife’s birthday, so I thought I’d take a moment to honor her here with a list of top ten things I love about Mary:
- She is a wonderful cook. There is nothing like one of Mary’s homecooked Korean meals!
- She is empathetic. She has a tremendous capacity to feel the pain other people are experiencing and walk with them through their struggles.
- She is wise. As we venture out on this church planting adventure, I’ve already come to appreciate her wise and thoughtful counseling.
- She loves people faithfully. She has many deep friendships because she is committed to people through thick and thin.
- She is thoughtful. She sees other people’s needs and she takes the initiative to meet them.
- She is a great mom. Being a mom is pretty much the hardest job in the world. She does it with excellence, and my kids adore her.
- She is a servant. She is willing to do things that are unpleasant for the benefit of other people.
- She is safe. People feel comfortable sharing the hard parts of their life with Mary. People recognize in her someone who won’t judge them if they share a part of their broken lives.
- She isn’t vain. She doesn’t obsess over possessions or need to have the trendiest things just so she can feel good about herself.
- She loves God. She wants to walk with God and live for God in every aspect of her life.
I love my wife! Happy Birthday!